Trainee/Creative Education and Well-being Co-ordinator - £24,050 to £27,898 p.a
- See Job Details for Essential / Desirable Skills
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To deliver health and well-being activities, co-ordinate and develop, Climb 4’s Creative Education and Well-being programmes and future structure. Providing a range of positive activities that improve the health and well-being of those vulnerable children, young people and families aged 0-70+. With a specific focus on how arts education can be used to reduce isolation, improve aspirations, improve positive relationships, and improve physical and mental health. Be a central part of developing Climb 4’s long-term plan in line with our ethos, values and strategy.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
- Plan, deliver, monitor and evaluate creative education/well-being activities- eg Arts4Health, PATCH, Create the Tiger/RESPECT (Holiday Clubs).
- Co-ordinate above programmes- including staffing, referrals, partnership working, outsource agreements.
- Design new products
- Market new ideas/products
- Work with administrator/Marketing Apprentice to ensure products are promoted appropriately- via social media/website/simplyconnect etc.
- Review SOW and session plans and observe practitioners
- Maintain a positive working relationship with a wide range of partners in order to meet the organisations training outcomes.
- In partnership with the outreach venues providers, manage training programme delivery and community activities.
- Assist with the recruitment and management of Freelance/sessional Instructors/coaches.
- Represent Climb 4 at external events in a professional manner.
- Effective administration and financial accountability, including budget preparation and control.
- Maintain the sustainability of the project by researching and generating continuation income from a range of sources.
PRINCIPAL LINE MANAGEMENT ACTIVITIES
- To deliver/collate appropriate levels and range of departmental performance-based reporting and associated information. Preparation and delivery of monthly reports and key performance indicators to the Directors & funding bodies
- In conjunction with the managing director, set and review annual budgets, future capital expenditure budgets/proposals, ensure compliance with the Company’s financial authorities’ procedure, monitors and reports on costs and ensures that departmental activity is within agreed budgets and authorities.
- Ensure compliance with Climb 4’s financial authority’s procedures.
- The overall managing and undertaking of Line Management activities for staff. To lead, manage and motivate the performance of their staff by setting and reviewing departmental and individual targets and objectives, maintaining discipline, communicating appropriately and developing staff to meet business needs.
- Responsible for ensuring and maintaining robust and effective paths of information/communication/dissemination within the organisation as a whole.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SPECIALIST SKILLS
- Arts/Creative Related Qualification
- Community Leader experience
- Experience of staff leadership and management of teams
- Extensive experience of delivering Creative Arts Activities.
- Knowledge of the importance of active leaning to support retention
- Knowledge/Experience of the value of creative education and its approach/benefits
- Knowledge and Experience of the benefits of creative positive activities on the health and well-being of vulnerable people.
- Experience of developing and maintaining successful relationships with learners of all ages and a range of stakeholders.
- Knowledge and experience of working with education providers/ Community and statutory organisations
- Can articulate and demonstrate a clear understanding of the writing of reports based on evidence and data analysis.
- Highly developed networking skills.
- Experience and knowledge of working in the Voluntary and Community Sector.
- Highly developed knowledge and experience of Safeguarding Policy and legislation.
- Working knowledge of General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
- Highly developed IT skills and experienced in using Microsoft Office packages and other CRM tools.
- Willingness to attend additional CPD and training courses
- Experience of supporting those with complex needs – SEND, Mental health needs, and long term health conditions etc.
- Experience of working and developing relationships with commercial/community partners.
- Experience in managing budgets and financial reporting.
- Delivered projects from inception using project co-ordinators experience.
- Worked with volunteers in a range of settings.
- Understanding/experience of the processes of working with funders and governing bodies.
- Experience of writing bids for community projects.
- Experience in community development work.
- Teaching Qualifications
- Very confident when delivering and supporting groups of vulnerable people
- Adaptable delivery approach
- Highly developed influencing, advocacy, and negotiating, training skills.
- Professional approach, attention to detail and excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to exchange in writing, wide ranging complex and contentious information and submission of complex reports to others for decision on key issues.
- Well-developed networking skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet competing deadlines.
- Good interpersonal and consultancy skills.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to use initiative, flair and creativity.
- Able to work as part of a team, to lead and motivate staff.
- Able to establish good professional relationships with a variety of partners.
- Excellent work ethic.
- Willing to learn and develop skills.
Deadline: 10 April, 2022
Part TimeJob Type
1No of vacancies
Office Time: Monday to Friday - 09.30am - 4.00pm