Temporary Housekeeper for Clinical Setting
- See Job Details for Essential / Desirable Skills
To maintain a high standard of cleanliness throughout in keeping with legislation and health care environment requirements.
To complete relevant paperwork essential to the role and in keeping with governing guidelines.
To provide a complete tray service to patients, guests and Consultants.
- Promote a high service standard to Patients and colleagues
- Communicate with patients and relatives in a courteous and polite manner
- To complete daily, weekly and quarterly cleaning duties throughout maintaining hospital cleanliness to required standards.
- Flexible attitude to work, hours and duties to maintain appropriate cover for the hospitals needs
- Assist in providing a safe environment for the safety and welfare of patients and staff by being aware of:
- Health & Safety at Work Act
- Fire Prevention & Management (awareness of hospital regulations)
- Infection Control
- C O S H H
- Know the correct use and care of cleaning equipment, avoiding wastage or misuse of hospital property
- Report any damaged or faulty equipment to the Maintenance Department/ Senior Housekeeper
- Ensure that personal hygiene and appearance is of the required standard
- Provide assistance with special functions when required
- Update knowledge of the post by attending courses and lectures when requested
- To help maintain a high standard of hygiene.
- Ordering and receiving of stock
- The Maintenance of the Hospital policies and practices.
- To attend all training appropriate to your position
- Displaying at all times a professional approach and actions, so as to obtain and justify patient and user trust and confidence in St Hughs Hospital.
- Help create a good working atmosphere through special emphasis on team spirit and good communications with all colleagues in other departments
To utilise daily work diary, ensuring all information relating to the Housekeeping Department, is conveyed to all Housekeepers.
Bring to the attention of Senior Managers l any concerns regarding the performance of other colleagues that is questionable, or where practice is poor, in accordance with the Public Disclosure Act 1988.
(Academic, Professional & Vocational)
Knowledge of COSHHEvidence of Particular: Knowledge
Within a hospital Enviroment
Deadline: 31 May, 2022
Bank hoursJob Type
2No of vacancies
Office Time: Various hours