Senior Administrator - 18.5 hrs per wk - £12,314.25
- See Job Details for Essential / Desirable Skills
PLEASE APPLY BELOW AND YOU WILL BE SENT AN EMAIL FROM THE ERA TEAM , WITH THE APPLICATION FORM .
Centre4 was established in 1995 to support the ongoing regeneration of Grimsby and North East Lincolnshire.
Our modern, Wootton Road Community Hub puts an array of activities and services at your fingertips, whether you are looking to squeeze in a workout at our Community Gym, reduce your weekly shopping bills at the Community Shop or get access to practical help and support for a variety of issues, then our team is here to help.
The Centre4 team is on hand to provide free and friendly support about benefits, debt and money management, housing, employment and much more. Many of our services stretch beyond our Centre and we can deliver services throughout North East Lincolnshire and surrounding areas.
Support and enable the communities of North East Lincolnshire and surrounding areas to thrive and live happier, lives.
We are a value led organisation and remain committed to being:
- Compassionate - We will care, show kindness, and a willingness to help others in all that we do.
- Honest - We will be honest, truthful, open and sincere to others, everyone we work with and for. We will do what we say we will do.
- Inclusive – We will admire, value our communities, our staff and volunteers challenging oppression valuing the diversity of our communities.
- Empowering – We will support others to achieve their aspirations and to be stronger. We will involve community members in all aspects of service planning.
Our revised 5 Pillars of our Strategic Plan 2023-2028 will include:
- Children, young people and families
- Health and Wellbeing including advice and guidance
- Community engagement, education and employability
- Financial sustainability and human resources
- Facilities and Centre4 Community Hub, including the development of our community assets
Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the Senior Leadership Team's ability to effectively lead the organisation, including: collating and uploading of reports and presentations; organising, preparing documents and taking minutes; composing and preparing correspondence; maintaining contact lists, managing and co-ordinating diaries/calendars and emails, welcoming visitors, handling phone calls and liasing with our tenants, partners and stakeholders.
We are looking for someone with extensive administrative experience to delivering high standards of support to our Senior Leadership team. You will need to be able to work at a pace in a multi-faceted team across our strategic pillars. This role is key to the successful operation of our SLT both within and external to the organisation.
You will need a logical mind and be well equipped with lateral thinking skills, enabling you to come up with effective solutions and make decisions when faced with cross function scenarios. You are an effective collaborator and an excellent communicator who can plan and negotiate. You bring excellent organisational skills, and have a passion for making a difference.
Centre4’s Board of Trustees has governance oversight, and you must support the Trustees in the delivery of their statutory duty and best practice. As an SLT Administrator you will be expected to attend Board Meetings and provide advice and guidance to our SLT when required.
Centre4 delivers a wide range of services including Ofsted registered early years nursery, health and wellbeing, advice and guidance, volunteering, social prescribing, employment, social enterprise, ethical employment agency, office and community group accommodation. You will be working in co-operation to support colleagues within the SLT to deliver upon the revised strategic plan and maintain good relationships with our communities, tenants and partners.
Accountable to: Chief Executive Officer
Accountable for: administrative support to Senior Leadership Team
Hours: 18.5 hours per week
Place of work: Centre4, 17 Wootton Road, Grimsby, DN33 1HE
Annual leave: 21 days/year plus bank holidays
Benefits: health scheme, Community Shop, on site café, free car parking, low cost gym access, work-based savings scheme
- Support the CEO and Directors in the Senior Leadership Team with daily administrative tasks.
- Support the Board of Trustees with meetings and administrative tasks.
- Prepare, collate, create and upload reports and presentations.
- Organise, prepare documents and take minutes for meetings.
- Compose and prepare correspondence.
- Maintain contact lists, manage and co-ordinate diaries/calendars.
- Manage email inboxes and respond when appropriate.
- Schedule appointments.
- Organise and book meetings and events, ie face to face and via Teams.
- Welcome visitors and arrange refreshments.
- Answer phone calls, handle enquiries and provide information to callers.
- Build relationships and liaise with our tenants, partners and stakeholders
- Support other team members with administration tasks as needed
- Attend meetings, webinars etc on behalf of SLT where appropriate.
- Making travel arrangements for SLT.
- Ensure the smooth functioning of the day-to-day SLT operations.
The above is a non-exhaustive list of duties and you are expected to undertake any other duties as requested by your Manager. The Company reserves the right to amend the job description in line with the changing demands of the business.
Proven experience of previous employment history in the field of administration at Senior Leadership level. A/I – E
Project support A/I - D
Joint working A - EEducation and TrainingAdministration qualification, minimum Level 3 A - E
General and Special
Knowledge of robust safeguarding practice and duties A/I – E
Experience and commitment to GDPR and confidentiality procedures A/I – E
Knowledge and experience of welcoming and managing visitors A/I - E
Management of calendars/diaries/meetings A/I – E
Skills and Abilities
Excellent ICT Skills – particularly Microsoft Office and working with bespoke systems and a willingness to work within them A - E
Ability to work with limited supervision and to use own initiative A - E
Ability to work effectively as part of a team to achieve organisational objectives A/I - E
Excellent administrative, organisational and communication skills A/I - E
Ability to set and prioritise objectives A/I – E
Ability to recognise when to seek support and advice A/I - E
Ability to recognise and exploit all opportunities A/I - E
Ability to deliver presentations A/I - DBehaviours
To be an advocate for the values of Centre4 A - E
A cooperative approach to working within Centre4 and with all stakeholders A/I – E
An open approach to working that seeks opportunity and inspires ingenuity A/I - E
Honesty and integrity A - EAdditional factors
Robust understanding of practice that works inclusively and a commitment to upholding equality and diversity principles. A/I - E
Car driver and access to transport to attend meetings and events in the area and beyond A - E
Ability to work flexibly, where some evening and weekend work may be required A - E
Willingness to access training and development opportunities A/I – E
Right to work in the UK – A - E
Codes: A = application I = Interview E = essential D = desirable
Centre4 is committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion in its recruitment and employment practices, as such we welcome applicants regardless of race, sexuality, gender, religion, disability or age
Centre4 is committed to the welfare and safety of children and vulnerable adults in all of its operation and adheres to Safer Recruitment practice; the role will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Check at enhanced level
Deadline: 19 July, 2023
Part TimeJob Type
1No of vacancies