Operations Manager - Health and Wellbeing Pillar - 37.5hrs - £32,838 p.a
- See Job Details for Essential / Desirable Skills
A unique and outstanding
Centre4 was established in 1995 to support the ongoing regeneration of Grimsby and North East Lincolnshire.
Our modern, Wootton Road Community Hub puts an array of activities and services at your fingertips, whether you are looking to squeeze in a workout at our Community Gym, reduce your weekly shopping bills at the Community Shop or get access to practical help and support for a variety of issues, then our team is here to help.
The Centre4 team is on hand to provide free and friendly support about benefits, debt and money management, housing, employment and much more. Many of our services stretch beyond our Centre and we can deliver services throughout North East Lincolnshire and surrounding areas.
Support and enable the communities of North East Lincolnshire and surrounding areas to thrive and live happier, lives.
We are a value led organisation and remain committed to being:
- Compassionate - We will care, show kindness, and a willingness to help others in all that we do.
- Honest - We will be honest, truthful, open and sincere to others, everyone we work with and for. We will do what we say we will do.
- Inclusive – We will admire, value our communities, our staff and volunteers challenging oppression valuing the diversity of our communities.
- Empowering – We will support others to achieve their aspirations and to be stronger. We will involve community members in all aspects of service planning.
Our revised 5 Pillars of our Strategic Plan 2023-2028 will include:
- Children, young people and families
- Health and Wellbeing including advice and guidance
- Community engagement, education and employability
- Financial sustainability and human resources
- Facilities and Centre4 Community Hub, including the development of our community assets
Operations Manager – Health and Wellbeing Pillar
The Operations Manager is pivotal to the delivery of contracts and projects that support the health and wellbeing of our community, including our Social Prescribing contract, information, advice and guidance services and outreach projects. The role will provide leadership and direction that ensures that services are delivered to high standards, meeting targets and objectives and within the ethos and values of Centre4.
The role will be responsible for the supervision of Team Leaders as well as direct line management of some operational staff, ensuring sufficient staff are in post, with the skills and support to carry out their roles effectively. We are looking for someone with a positive approach to managing teams that brings out the best in people.
You will have strong organisational skills with be well equipped with lateral thinking skills, enabling you to come up with effective solutions and make decisions when faced with cross function scenarios. You are an effective collaborator and an excellent communicator who can plan and negotiate. You bring excellent organisational skills and have a passion for making a difference.
Accountable to: Director of Health and Wellbeing
Accountable for: Team Leaders, operational staff where needed, administrative staff
Salary: £32,838 FTE
Hours: 37.5 hours a week, you will need to be available to work between the hours of 8am and 8pm, weekends occasionally as needed
Place of work: Centre4, 17 Wootton Road, Grimsby, DN33 1HE
Annual leave: 25 days/year plus bank holidays, rising to 29 days/year
Benefits: Health scheme, Community Shop, subsidised café, free car parking, low-cost gym access, work-based savings scheme, cycle to work scheme
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To provide day to day management of projects and contracts, ensuring that delivery meets funding, compliance and organisational objectives and standards.
- Work with the team to deliver services that meet the needs of the community and beneficiaries, with a focus on empowerment and positive outcomes.
- Ensure that an effective and sufficient staff team are in place to meet objectives, recruiting, inducting and supervising teams, with continuous learning and development plans implemented for high standards of practice, recognising the complex nature of the roles they undertake.
- Line management responsibility for Team Leaders, who are responsible for the day-to-day management of operational staff teams, ensuring that they work effectively and safely to meet objectives and standards.
- Work with the wider teams to develop practise and an approach that values teamwork and team members, with health and wellbeing initiatives to support staff welfare
- Work with the People Lead to ensure that HR compliance is maintained
- Analyse and interpret information from a variety of sources and produce and present clear reports for teams, funders and commissioners and partners as needed, attending meetings to present information
- To work collaboratively across the area, networking to build strong partnerships for the success of the contracts and projects and Centre4, representing Centre4 at local forums and networks
- To promote the projects, liaising and networking
- Be responsible for the compliance of contracts and projects, ensuring that health and safety, data protection and confidentiality is met in all aspects of operations
- Act as Designated Safeguarding Lead, ensuring that the teams are adequately equipped to deliver safe services to meet Centre4, local and national policy and procedures, providing responsive support and guidance.
- To work with the team and Senior Leadership Team to develop further projects, identifying gaps and trends to build funding and partnerships
Proven experience of previous employment history in the field of operational/project management. A/I – E
Experience of leading and developing teams A/I - E
Proven track record of delivering projects or services that support the health and wellbeing of people and communities A/I – E
Experience of developing community beneficiary projects A/I - DEducation and Training
Good standard of education 5 GCSEs A-C or equivalent E
Project Management qualification D
General and Special
Knowledge of robust safeguarding practice and duties A/I – E
A sound understanding and commitment to GDPR and confidentiality procedures A/I – E
A good understanding of delivering services that embrace equality, diversity and inclusion A/I – E
Skills and Abilities
Excellent ICT Skills – particularly Microsoft Office and working with bespoke systems and a willingness to work within them, moving to a paperless system A - E
Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment A/I – E
A commitment and experience of working with teams in a way that brings out the best in individuals and the group A/I - E
Ability to recognise when to seek support and advice A/I - E
Ability to recognise and exploit all opportunities A/I - E
Willingness and ability to speak on behalf of Centre4 and its services in a variety of forums A/I - EBehaviours
To be an advocate for the values of Centre4 A - E
A cooperative approach to working within Centre4 and with all stakeholders A/I – E
An open approach to working that seeks opportunity and inspires ingenuity A/I - E
Honesty and integrity A - EAdditional factors
Robust understanding of practice that works inclusively and a commitment to upholding equality and diversity principles. A/I - E
Car driver and access to transport to attend meetings and events in the area and beyond A - E
Ability to work flexibly, where some evening and weekend work may be required A - E
Willingness to access training and development opportunities A/I – E
Right to work in the UK – A - E
Codes: A = application I = Interview E = essential D = desirable
Centre4 is committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion in its recruitment and employment practices, as such we welcome applicants regardless of race, sexuality, gender, religion, disability or age
Centre4 is committed to the welfare and safety of children and vulnerable adults in all of its operation and adheres to Safer Recruitment practice; the role will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Check at enhanced level
With an ethical employment agency we all win:
- You get qualifications and work
- Businesses get motivate and skilled workers
- Community projects get much needed labour
- As a not-for-profit, all of our profits go back into delivering this fantastic service or supporting the local community
- We provide training opportunities to help fill any gaps in your qualifications
- We put you in contact with local employers looking to fill job roles and contracts
- We provide a signposting service to put you in touch with a number of services that you may find useful including housing and debt advice.
Deadline: 25 July, 2023
Full TimeJob Type
1No of vacancies