HR Specialist - Part Time 22.5hrs - £17,737.20 p.a
- See Job Details for Essential / Desirable Skills
PLEASE APPLY ON THE TAB, YOU WILL THEN RECEIVE AN EMAIL WITH A LINK TO THE APPLICATION FORM . OR CALL OUR TEAM ON 236677
Centre4 was established in 1995 to support the ongoing regeneration of Grimsby and North East Lincolnshire.
Our modern, Wootton Road Community Hub, puts an array of activities and services at your fingertips, whether you are looking to squeeze in a workout at our Community Gym, reduce your weekly shopping bills at the Community Shop or get access to practical help and support for a variety of issues, then our team is here to help.
The Centre4 team is on hand to provide free and friendly support about benefits, debt and money management, housing, employment and much more. Many of our services stretch beyond our Centre and we can deliver services throughout North East Lincolnshire and surrounding areas.
Support and enable the communities of North East Lincolnshire and surrounding areas to thrive and live happier lives.
We are a value led organisation and remain committed to being:
- Compassionate - We will care, show kindness, and a willingness to help others in all that we do.
- Honest - We will be honest, truthful, open and sincere to others, everyone we work with and for. We will do what we say we will do.
- Inclusive – We will admire, value our communities, our staff and volunteers challenging oppression valuing the diversity of our communities.
- Empowering – We will support others to achieve their aspirations and to be stronger. We will involve community members in all aspects of service planning.
Our revised 5 Pillars of our Strategic Plan 2023-2028 will include:
- Children, young people and families
- Facilities and Centre4 Community Hub, including the development of our community asset
- Health and Wellbeing including advice and guidance
- Community engagement, education and employability
- Financial sustainability and human resources
As HR Specialist, you will assist with the effective delivery of operational HR services, supporting line managers and employees to perform well in their roles and to contribute to Centre4’s objectives. The role focuses on recruiting, inductions and ongoing support processes and systems for new and existing employees. You'll understand the importance of developing effective and engaging relationships with our colleagues, team members and external contacts, in line with policy, practise and legal frameworks, ensuring Centre4 values are embedded in all areas of work.
Accountable to: Director of Finance
Salary: £29,562 pro rata £15.16/hour
Hours: 22.5 week
Place of work: Centre4, 17A Wootton Road, Grimsby, DN33 1HE
Annual leave: 21 days/year plus bank holidays, increasing annually to 25 days/year
Benefits: Health scheme, Community Shop, concessionary café, free car parking, low cost gym access, work-based savings scheme
- Ensuring that effective processes are in place and followed for the recruitment, induction and support of new and existing team members.
- Work with line managers to oversee the recruitment of new employees, ensuring job descriptions, person specifications, advertisements and processes meet legal and statutory compliance and reflect Centre4’s values, vision and mission.
- Be responsible for the appointment and induction process of new starters, working with line managers and team members to ensure effective process and support.
- Work with line managers and team to implement a health and wellbeing strategy that values teams, team working, increases wellbeing and retention.
- Ensure that all new and existing employees meet role compliance, including DBS, right to work etc
- Lead on HR systems, ensuring that they are fit for purpose, working with line managers and teams to promote their proper use
- Ensuring that all employees are issued with relevant and up to date contracts of employments, policies, procedures and employment related information.
- Working with line managers to review, adopt and implement all relevant policies and procedures.
- Maintain effective monitoring and evaluation of HR data, including annual leave, sickness, etc, reporting to finance and managers as needed, supporting the payroll process.
- Manager all internal and external HR queries in the first instance, working with line managers to resolve escalated issues
- Providing support in the process of disciplinary, and grievance procedures.
- Acting as Anti-Bribery Officer.
- Work with line managers to ensure that an effective learning and development framework is implemented and followed
- Work with teams to arrange HR events and meetings
- Ensure that there is an effective communication strategy for teams, keeping them up to date with Centre4 activity, current changes and policies and procedures
- Hold an oversight of all HR issues and complaints, liaising with our external legal advisers as and when required
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of HR/employment practices
Person SpecificationAttributesCriteriaHow IdentifiedRankRelevant Experience
Relevant and significant experience within a HR role minimum of 2 years required
Experience of customer service
Microsoft Office including Word, Excel & Outlook and bespoke software
Experience of working with electronic HR systems
Qualifications & Special Knowledge
Working understanding of employment law
Demonstrable experience of employment practise and supporting people
CIPD Level 3 Foundation Certificate or working towards
GCSE level of education 5 A-C grades
EssentialSkills & Abilities
Excellent IT skills and a willingness to embed all practice in digital functions
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Experience of managing people, processes and relationships for the best outcome for all
Ability to work effectively as part of a team to achieve organisational objectives
Experience and commitment to GDPR and confidentiality procedures
Good administrative and organisational skills
Ability to recognise when to seek support and advice
To be an advocate for the values of Centre4
To promote Centre4’s commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, safeguarding, health and safety and confidentiality
A cooperative approach to working within Centre4 and with all stakeholders
An open approach to working that seeks opportunity and inspires ingenuity
Honesty and integrity
Flexible with regard to working hours
Codes: A = application I = interview
The duties and responsibilities in this job description are not restrictive and the post holder may be required to undertake any other duties which may be required from time to time. Any such duties should not however substantially change the general character of the post
Centre4 is committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion in its recruitment and employment practices, as such we welcome applicants regardless of race, sexuality, gender, religion, disability or age
Centre4 is committed to the welfare and safety of children and vulnerable adults in all of its operation and adheres to Safer Recruitment practice; the role will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Check at enhanced level
Deadline: 15 August, 2023
Part TimeJob Type
1No of vacancies