Housekeeper (bank basis)
- See Job Details for Essential / Desirable Skills
- Promote a high service standard to Patients and colleagues
- Communicate with patients and relatives in a courteous and polite manner
- To complete daily, weekly and quarterly cleaning duties throughout Hospital maintaining hospital cleanliness to required standards.
- Flexible attitude to work, hours and duties to maintain appropriate cover for the hospitals needs
- Assist in providing a safe environment for the safety and welfare of patients and staff by being aware of:
- Health & Safety at Work Act
- Fire Prevention & Management (awareness of hospital regulations)
- Infection Control
- C O S H H
- Know the correct use and care of cleaning equipment, avoiding wastage or misuse of hospital property
- Report any damaged or faulty equipment to the Maintenance Department/ Senior Housekeeper
- Ensure that personal hygiene and appearance is of the required standard
- Provide assistance with special functions when required
- Update knowledge of the post by attending courses and lectures when requested
- To help maintain a high standard of hygiene.
- Ordering and receiving of stock
- The Maintenance of the Hospital policies and practices.
- To attend all training appropriate to your position
- Displaying at all times a professional approach and actions, so as to obtain and justify patient and user trust and confidence
- Help create a good working atmosphere through special emphasis on team spirit and good communications with all colleagues in other departments
To utilise daily work diary, ensuring all information relating to the Housekeeping Department, is conveyed to all Housekeepers.
Bring to the attention of Senior Managers at Hospital any concerns regarding the performance of other colleagues that is questionable, or where practice is poor, in accordance with the Public Disclosure Act 1988.
Equality & Diversity
- To adhere with all policies regards Equality & Diversity in keeping with job description
To be aware of Confidentiality and Data Protection issues in accordance with hospital regulations
Health & Safety
To take reasonable care to prevent injury to themselves or others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
To co-operate fully in discharging policies and procedures with regard to health and safety matters.
To immediately report to their manager any shortcomings in health and safety procedures and practice.
To report any accidents or dangerous incidents to their immediate manager and safety representative as early as possible and submit a completed accident / incident form.
To use protective clothing and equipment where provided.
Whilst the aim of the hospital is to promote a co-operative and constructive view of health and safety concerns in the organisation, all staff must be aware that a wilful or irresponsible disregard for safety matters may give rise to disciplinary proceedings.
To actively participate in governance activities to ensure that the highest standards of care and business conduct are achieved.
Hospital is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
(Academic, Professional & Vocational)
Knowledge of COSHHEvidence of Particular: Knowledge
Within a hospital Enviroment
BENEFITS: 25 Days plus 8 Statutory day’s holiday pro-rata, pension & healthcare. Pension option for Bank Staff also.
We are regularly review our employee benefits package, which includes our group personal pension plan, private medical cover, free car parking and a range of retail and entertainment discounts.
All staff have the option to opt into our flexible benefits programme offering substantial savings on items such as childcare vouchers, bicycles, mobile phones and computers.
We encourage our employees to have a positive work-life balance and to consider ‘a great place to work’.
This is an outline job description setting out general responsibilities and tasks the post-holder may be required to undertake. It is not comprehensive and the post-holder may be required to carry out other duties and responsibilities from time to time as determined by hospital. The job description will also be subject to change in-line with the needs of the Home and the Organisation.
Staff will be expected to carry out their duties in line with their terms and conditions and contract of employment, the standards stated in the staff handbook and will be required to follow policies and procedures and as stated in the NMC Code of Conduct 2015.
Staff have a contractual duty to ensure that mandatory training is current and will be expected to participate and undertaken further developmental training specific to their role.
Deadline: 05 June, 2023
Part TimeJob Type
1No of vacancies