ERA Recruitment Assistant - 37.5 hrs per week - £20,475 pa
- See Job Details for Essential / Desirable Skills
ERA Recruitment Assistant
37.5 hours per week, £20,475 pa
Based at Centre4, 17a Wootton Road, Grimsby, DN33 1HE
ERA is a socially responsible, not for profit employment agency for North East Lincolnshire – all of our surplus is used to support our community. We have listened to what people want and developed an employment agency that does things a little differently. Developed by Centre4, we are community-led and we provide a personalised service to help people get in to work. To do this we support local people to find temporary and permanent jobs and gain the right skills for local job opportunities.
We are looking for a dynamic Recruitment Assistant to work with our highly experienced recruitment team. In this role, you'll support the team with recruitment duties and ensure that all recruitment procedures run smoothly. Your duties include contacting potential candidates, scheduling interviews, and assisting the team during the recruitment process. You may also need to perform background checks and verify a candidate’s qualifications, experience and all onboarding processes. You will be involved in time sheet processing and payroll activities.
To be a successful recruitment assistant, you should have excellent organisational and desktop skills. Ultimately, a top-notch recruitment assistant should be able to communicate effectively with interviewees and display a calm demeanour and be passionate about helping people.
- Minimum Level 3 or above qualification, preferably in recruitment or business or equivalent experience
- At least one year of experience as a recruitment assistant or a related role.
- Familiarity with standard hiring practices, such as scheduling interviews and onboarding processes.
- Solid desktop skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You are passionate about matching people and employers to take positive steps towards employment.
- You have the ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a positive attitude.
- You are passionate about improving customer/candidate experience through the use of technology.
- You know that there is never just one ‘right way’, you are encouraged to challenge and develop new and better ways of achieving ERA’s goals.
As ERA’s Recruitment Assistant you will support the successful delivery, growth and CSR (corporate social responsibility) of ERA - a not for profit recruitment agency - to meet the needs of people and businesses who provide essential services to our communities.
You will help to facilitate the company's hiring process, support the company’s recruitment duties and ensure that all recruitment procedures run smoothly.
- Performing recruitment duties such as scheduling interviews, updating the calendar accordingly, answering phone calls, and monitoring emails.
- Working closely with the team to maintain the candidate database and handle any relevant paperwork.
- Preparing and posting job advertisements online and in print media.
- Screening candidates by performing background checks and verifying their qualifications and experience.
- Greeting and assisting interviewees onsite.
- Following up with candidates during the recruitment process, like shortlisting call backs or rejection emails.
- Resolving issues such as interview cancellations swiftly.
- Assisting successful candidates with the onboarding process, including preparing documents and coordinating orientation agendas.
- Monitor the local job market, research and identify businesses that may benefit from working with ERA.
- Process timesheets and carry out payroll related tasks.
- Supporting the creation of opportunities for “giving back” through an understanding of community needs and organisational priorities
- Facilitating the building of technological solutions to improve the clients/candidate experience
- Undertaking training as necessary to maintain high standards of work
- Participating in all quality procedures required by ERA and Centre4
- Adhere to the REC code of practice and any relevant national guidelines or standards.
- Ensure recruitment activities comply with statutory regulations (Equality and Diversity, GDPR and Health and Safety) as well as ERA’s and Centre4’s policies and procedures.
- Undertake any reasonable tasks commensurate with the post or as directed by the ERA Lead.
Deadline: 18 November, 2022
Full TimeJob Type
1No of vacancies
Office Time: Monday - Friday 08.30 to 16.30