- See Job Details for Essential /Desirable Skills
Ethical Recruitment Agency
Grimsby , United Kingdom
At the heart of ERA is a belief that we should invest in people to help them become the type of worker that businesses are looking for. We understand that it can be hard to find or keep in work and that you might need extra help, advice or support. Let our specialist team help you find long term employment today! Need some help or want to chat about training? Give us a call on (01472) 236 688 today or visit our helpful contact form
Location: Climb 4 Office and Outreach Venues
Contract:- Permanent 0.5/ 18.5 Hours Term Time Only
Salary:- £17653.44 Pro Rata
Reports to: Children, Young People and Families Services Manager
Post Reference No: EY001
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To deliver activities, co-ordinate and develop, Climb 4’s Early Years initiative PATCH- Parents Act Together for Children’s health. Organising Parent & Baby/Toddler developmental groups and supporting parents during their parenting journey. Assisting in the development and growth of partnerships with other statutory and VCSE organisations. With an of improving the Health and Well-being of parents and their pre-school children. Providing a range of Early intervention developmental activities for babies, toddlers and their families.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
- To be involved with the strategic planning of the PATCH project – Parents Act Together for Children’s Health. Including activities for Parents Health and Well-being to run alongside Parent and Baby/toddler workshops
- To be responsible for the delivery of Boogie Babies 0-6mth/6-12mths, and Adventure Time (Interactive story and play session – age 1+)
- To design sessions around the Early Years Foundation stage (EYFS) curriculum- focusing on Age/Stage activities to support holistic development, prevent developmental delays and improve skills.
- To deliver weekly Parent & Baby/Toddler groups at a variety of venues around NE Lincolnshire
- Build relationships with participants to enable you to support them with any parenting issues
- Sign Post other services
- To carry out weekly routine assessments/observations/reflections for project- using outcome based model.
- Preparing monthly reports and project updates and evaluations
- Carry out administration tasks – taking registers and recording attendance.
- Assist with the promotion of the Workshops- eg leaflet production/social media posts
- To take part in appropriate Training linked to the role.
- To help with the promotion, marketing of other CLIMB 4 Services across North East Lincolnshire. Including any in house referrals
- Develop excellent working relationships with other agencies and practitioners- delivering a seamless service.
- Any other tasks that may be essential for the role
- The above principle duties are not exhaustive and may vary without changing the character of the job or level of responsibility.
- The above duties may involve having access to information of a confidential nature, which may be covered by the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). Confidentiality must always be maintained.
- The post holder must be flexible to ensure that the operational needs of the organisation and partners are met.
- The Health and safety at Work Act (1974) and other associated legislation places responsibilities for Health and Safety on all employees. Therefore, it is the post holder’s responsibility to take care for the health, Safety and Welfare of him/herself and other employees in accordance with legislation and the Trust’s and Club’s Safety policy(s).
- Where the post holder is disabled, every effort will be made to supply all the necessary employment aids, equipment or adaptations to enable him/her to perform the full duties of the job. If, however, a certain task proves to be unachievable then job redesign will be given full consideration.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the principles of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and to ensuring that the culture, philosophy and processes within the Trust and the Game are in line with the Trust Safeguarding Policy. The post holder’s duties must always be carried out in compliance with the Trust Safeguarding Policy.
- Early Years Qualification (Level 3 or above)
- Paediatric First Aid
- Safeguarding Qualification
- Level 2 Maths/English
- Enhanced DBS
- Have a Driving Licence
- Holistic, Person Centred Approach
- Experience of working in an Early Years setting
- Understanding of the EYFS curriculum
- Experience/knowledge of using EYFS to inform practice.
- Experience of observing children to monitor behaviour progress and developmental needs
- Experience of providing Parental support
- Passion for promoting health and well-being
- Understanding of the importance of Early Intervention positive activities
- Experience of using play, craft and other expressive arts to encourage development
- Understanding and ability to comply with organisation policies and procedure
- Experience of working for a Voluntary Sector organisation
- Community Leader experience
- Experience of working and developing relationships with commercial/community partners.
- Worked with volunteers in a range of settings.
- Experience in community development work.
- Teaching/ Community learning Qualification
- Highly developed influencing, advocacy, and negotiating, training skills.
- Professional approach, attention to detail and excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to exchange in writing, wide ranging complex and contentious information and submission of complex reports to others for decision on key issues.
- Well-developed networking skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet competing deadlines.
- Good interpersonal and consultancy skills.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to use initiative, flair and creativity.
- Able to work as part of a team, to lead and motivate staff.
- Able to establish good professional relationships with a variety of partners.
- Excellent work ethic.
- Willing to learn and develop skills.
PERSONAL SKILLS & QUALITIES
- Professional approach
- Attention to detail
- Confident when delivery activities
- Friendly, Approachable and adaptable
- Ability to work alone or part of a Team
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Empower others
- Great networking skills
- Ability to build trusting relationships
- Good IT Skills