Director of Facilities and Welcome Services - £36,699
- See Job Details for Essential / Desirable Skills
PLEASE FOLLOW THE APPLY PROCESS AND YOU WILL THEN BE EMAILED AN APPLICATION PACK , MANY THANKS. ERA TEAM.
Director of Facilities and Welcome Services
A unique and outstanding
Centre4 was established in 1995 to support the ongoing regeneration of Grimsby and North East Lincolnshire.
Our modern, Wootton Road Community Hub puts an array of activities and services at your fingertips, whether you are looking to squeeze in a workout at our Community Gym, reduce your weekly shopping bills at the Community Shop or get access to practical help and support for a variety of issues, then our team is here to help.
The Centre4 team is on hand to provide free and friendly support about benefits, debt and money management, housing, employment and much more. Many of our services stretch beyond our Centre and we can deliver services throughout North East Lincolnshire and surrounding areas.
Support and enable the communities of North East Lincolnshire and surrounding areas to thrive and live happier, lives.
We are a value led organisation and remain committed to being:
- Compassionate - We will care, show kindness, and a willingness to help others in all that we do.
- Honest - We will be honest, truthful, open and sincere to others, everyone we work with and for. We will do what we say we will do.
- Inclusive – We will admire, value our communities, our staff and volunteers challenging oppression valuing the diversity of our communities.
- Empowering – We will support others to achieve their aspirations and to be stronger. We will involve community members in all aspects of service planning.
Our revised 5 Pillars of our Strategic Plan 2023-2028 will include:
- Children, young people and families
- Health and Wellbeing including advice and guidance
- Community engagement, education and employability
- Financial sustainability and human resources
- Facilities and Centre4 Community Hub, including the development of our community assets
Director of Facilities and Welcome Services
Provide Leadership with energy, compassion and emotional maturity for Centre4 and confidently support our charity to manage and develop our existing work, specifically our community facilities; ensuring first class customer experience to the community we serve and the Centre4 family. The role is pivotal to the organisation, with responsibility for site management and development, but also, and primarily, welcome services, room hire and events and tenant relations, as well as extending income generation through room hire and events.
We are looking for someone with extensive experience of managing buildings and facilities. However, the role is much more than that and you will need to be able to work at pace in a multi-faceted team and diverse operation, bringing excellent people management, organisational, and service skills, and have a passion for making a difference. You will need an analytical mind and be well equipped with critical thinking skills, enabling you to effectively come up with effective solutions and make sound decisions when faced with complex scenarios. You are an effective collaborator and an excellent communicator who can advise and drive forward improvements and efficiencies across the site and team.
We recognise the complex and unique nature of this role and, as such, welcome applicants who may not possess all the skills and experience listed but have the ambition and willingness to develop to join our thriving community hub.
Centre4 is a unique community hub that sustains its operation through hiring of office and meeting spaces that seek to support the community, your role is to ensure that our spaces are safe and welcoming to all stakeholders and supportive of the community, whilst maximising income potential through increase lettings and events.
Centre4’s Board of Trustees has governance oversight, and you must support the Trustees in the delivery of their statutory duty and best practice. As a Director and member of the Senior Leadership Team you will be expected to attend at their invite Board Meetings and provide advice and guidance when required.
Centre4 delivers a wide range of services including Ofsted registered early years nursery, health and wellbeing, advice and guidance, volunteering, social prescribing, employment, social enterprise, ethical employment agency, office and community group accommodation. As a member of Centre4 Senior Leadership Team you will be working in co-operation with colleagues within the SLT to deliver upon the revised strategic plan and maintain good relationships with our communities, tenants and partners. You will promote the virtues of Centre4 to our local and regional communities, businesses and key stakeholders; helping to build long-term strategic relationships to secure both operational and income security.
Accountable to: Chief Executive Officer
Accountable for: welcome, reception, facilities and events team
Hours: 37.5 week/full time - The post holder will act as a key holder of the Centre and will be required to respond to any emergency request for attendance as necessary (paid as appropriate)
Place of work: Centre4, 17 Wootton Road, Grimsby, DN33 1HE
Annual leave: 25 days/year plus bank holidays, increasing annually to 29 days/year
Benefits: Health scheme, Community Shop, on site café, free car parking, low cost gym access, work-based savings scheme
Attributes Criteria/How Measured/Rank
Proven experience of previous employment history in the field of facilities, buildings and events management A/I – ESenior leadership employment history A - DLeadership and management of people that brings out the best in people and teams A/I – EProven experience of customer services focused delivery A/I - ETrack record of management and current understanding of health and safety management A/I – EProject development and management A/I - EJoint working management A - EFinancial and budget management A - EEducation and Training
Health & Safety qualifications at management level A - DGeneral and Special Knowledge
Sound knowledge of robust safeguarding practice and duties A/I – EExperience and commitment to GDPR and confidentiality procedures A/I – EKnowledge and experience of managing contractors, services and utilities A/I - EManagement of quality systems A/I – EAn understanding of social policies A – DAn understanding of statutory provision and partnerships A/I - ESkills and AbilitiesSound ICT Skills – particularly Microsoft Office and working with bespoke systems and a willingness to work within them A - EAbility to work with limited supervision and to use own initiative A - EAbility to work effectively as part of a team to achieve organisational objectives A/I - EGood administrative, organisational and communication skills A/I - EAbility to set and prioritise objectives A/I – EAbility to recognise when to seek support and advice A/I - EAbility to manage others to optimise results A/I - EAbility to recognise and exploit all opportunities A/I - EAbility to deliver presentations A/I - EBehaviours
To be an advocate for the values of Centre4 A - EA cooperative approach to working within Centre4 and with all stakeholders A/I – EAn open approach to working that seeks opportunity and inspires ingenuity A/I - EHonesty and integrity A - EAdditional factors
Robust understanding of practice that works inclusively and a commitment to upholding equality and diversity principles. A/I - ECar driver and access to transport to attend meetings and events in the area and beyond A - EAbility to work flexibly, where some evening and weekend work may be required A - EWillingness to access training and development opportunities A/I – ERight to work in the UK – A - E
Buildings, Site Management and Facilities (all buildings/sites including Butterflies Day Nursery)
- Maintain oversight and responsibility of all facilities to ensure a safe, welcoming and positive place to visit and work
- Hold responsibility for buildings, facilities and site health and safety, ensuring compliance is met at all times.
- Ensure high energy efficiency standards; with development and promotion of the Centre4 Environmental Strategy
- Maintain responsibility of buildings and site management, ensuring they operate smoothly and efficiently throughout their operational life; a regular maintenance and repair regime including the management of preferred providers register, coordinating maintenance, refurbishments and renovations for best value and developing a facilities development plan
- Ensuring that adequate cleaning facilities and regime is in place and monitored
- Work with the Centre4 family to ensure that facilities, IT and digital and the environment meets delivery needs
- Be responsible for the purchasing, maintenance and assignment of all delegated assets and resources, maintaining an inventory to ensure the effective operation of all activity
- Work with relevant teams to ensure that all new developments or improvements are managed effectively and safely, meeting all compliance
Leadership and Management
- Ensure that sufficient staffing and volunteer levels are maintained to deliver effective service and organisational objectives are met in relation to your pillar, ensuring effective cover for all events and bookings
- Line Manager to events and reception/welcome ensuring a safe, welcoming and efficient reception service is provided
- Line Management of facilities staff
- Oversee the management of volunteers assigned to areas of work to ensure safe and effective recruitment, training, delivery and supervision
- Provide support and supervision for delegated staff team, ensuring continuous training and development, targets are met, with high levels of health and wellbeing and staff satisfaction
- To safeguard children and vulnerable adults from harm and to report concerns in accordance with Centre4’s internal and external referral arrangements.
Centre4 Activity and Income
- Lead on the income generation strategy through Community Hub activity, working with SLT to report on activity against targets to meet organisational objectives; including the increase of events and functions
- Manage systems to ensure that room hire and event bookings are carried out to a high standard for positive customer experience
- Manage office rental, allocating office space according to needs and lease management
- Lead on tenant relationships, ensuring that the Centre4 family operates collaboratively and communication is effective
- Maintain and develop quality systems for the frontline service
Compliance and Finance
- Budget responsibility for facilities and Centre4 Community Hub, including the development of our community assets
- Ensure that all utilities, contracts and purchases are best value
- Complaints and compliments Officer; ensuring that all customers are dealt with swiftly
- To hold responsibility, reporting to SLT and the Board, that their legal duties for health and safety and compliance are met to a high standard and risk is understood and managed
- Be accountable for delegated organisational risk assessment framework, ensuring responsible persons complete their duties
- Develop, review and keep Business continuity Plan and arrangements up to date, fit for purpose and regularly tested
- Ensure that delegated policies and procedures are adopted, reviewed and implemented
- Ensure GDPR compliance in all areas of responsibility, with specific focus on public and open areas
- Ensure financial processes relevant to area of work are maintained, such as invoicing, payments and cash handling
- Maintain safe and high standards of practice in all work, ensuring policy and practice is followed across the pillar
The above is a non-exhaustive list of duties and you are expected to undertake any other duties as requested by your Manager. The Company reserves the right to amend the job description in line with the changing demands of the business.
Deadline: 02 May, 2023
1No of vacancies