Director of Children, Young People & Families - £36,699 - 37.5 hrs
- See Job Details for Essential / Desirable Skills
PLEASE APPLY ON THE LINK FOR AN APPLICATION FORM AND FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
Provide Leadership with energy, compassion and emotional maturity for Centre4 and confidently support our charity to manage and develop our existing work, exercise a broad range of management skills and crucially to seek to grow the income and investment in the area of Children, Young People and Families. To lead on Quality across the organisation and Centre4 family.
Centre4’s Board of Trustees has governance oversight, and you must support the Trustees in the delivery of their statutory duty and best practice. As a Director and member of the Senior Leadership Team you will be expected to attend at their invite Board Meetings and provide advice and guidance when required.
Centre4 delivers a wide range of services including Ofsted registered early years nursery, health and wellbeing, advice and guidance, volunteering, social prescribing, employment, social enterprise, ethical employment agency, office and community group accommodation. As a member of Centre4 Senior Leadership Team you will be working in co-operation with colleagues within the SLT to deliver upon the revised strategic plan and maintain good relationships with our communities, tenants and partners. You will promote the virtues of Centre4 to our local and regional communities, businesses and key stakeholders; helping to build long-term strategic relationships to secure both operational and income security.
Centre4 is an equal opportunities employer. Our policy is to recruit and value a diverse workforce and follow the guidelines of the Equalities Act
Centre4 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This role is subject to referencing and DBS checks at an enhanced level
- To lead upon the strategic pillar of Children Young People and Families
- To provide oversight for the management of Butterflies Nursery
- Develop and manage existing and potential initiatives that reach Children, Young People and their Families across NEL
- To lead on the development and delivery of services for youth, including the new building and provision (subject to funding)
- To represent the Centre at committees, public meetings, etc. as required
- At the direction of the Chief Executive Officer, ensure the Centre meets all Quality Assurance standards that are deemed necessary and appropriate
- To deputise for the Chief Executive Officer in their absence
- To be responsible for policies and procedures relating to your areas of responsibility
- To safeguard children and vulnerable adults from harm and to report concerns in accordance with Centre4’s internal and external referral arrangements. Holding the position of Safeguarding Strategic Lead.
- Develop and maintain key working relationships with statutory, private, voluntary and community organisations to maximise revenue generation opportunities, as well as improving services for all our customers and visitors
- Ensure that we remain fully engaged with the local community by ‘keeping people at the heart of everything we do’
- Support effective management of change and continuous improvement of our services and community offer
- Support effective management of risk within our organisation including Health and Safety, Quality and reputational management
Deadline: 08 March, 2023
Full TimeJob Type
1No of vacancies