- See Job Details for Essential /Desirable Skills
Ethical Recruitment Agency
Grimsby , United Kingdom
At the heart of ERA is a belief that we should invest in people to help them become the type of worker that businesses are looking for. We understand that it can be hard to find or keep in work and that you might need extra help, advice or support. Let our specialist team help you find long term employment today! Need some help or want to chat about training? Give us a call on (01472) 236 688 today or visit our helpful contact form
Our client’s ethos is driven by our shared vison with our service users, we strive to support independence, we know that home is where the heart is, and we endeavour to advocate a safe and friendly environment in which people can live in their own home.
The role of the Care Worker
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Personal care such as washing, shaving, bathing, and showering, dental care, toilet care and assistance including that of menstrual and continence needs, assisting with dressing and undressing when required.
- Assisting and administering medications in line with the service users care plan and prescribed medication administration record.
- Supporting the service user with the preparation of meals, eating, and drinking and where required record fluid and nutrition charts as specified in the care plan. In some cases, meals will be cooked and prepared for them.
- Providing safe moving and handling of people care to support the service user’s movement around their property and sleeping areas.
- Undertaking household chores such as making beds/changing linen, emptying the bin, washing pots, and maintaining a safe and hygienic living environment.
- Engaging the service user in stimulating conversation and supporting their social needs by encouraging daily mind engaging activities.
- Providing supervision, support and mentoring to the care assistants.
- Assisting and supporting Senior Carers when required
- Ensuring that all care activity is recorded on to the OnCare App (if it isn’t recorded it didn’t happen).
- Informing the Duty On-Call of any safeguarding concerns in line with EMCAS policy.
- Adhere to all EMCAS policies and procedures and work within the scope of practice of the job role.
- Recording and assessing skin viability.
- Providing catheter and stoma care when trained to do so
- Providing care to service users with additional and complex needs.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Level 3 Qualification in Health and Social care.
- Safeguarding Adults Level 3 (training can be provided).
- Safe handling and Administration of Medication (training can be provided).
- Fluid and nutrition recording and assessment (training can be provided).
- Stoma, catheter, medical equipment, and device care (training can be provided).
- End of life care (Training can be provided).
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Well spoken English Language skills.
- Good listening skills.
- Able to work individually or part of a team.
- Kind, compassionate, empathetic, and have a genuine caring nature.
Our Client is committed to providing outstanding quality of care, we take a person-centred approach with all of our service-users and except nothing short of excellence from our employees. In doing so we are able to uphold our core values and produce a service like no other within our communities.