Centre4 - Chief Executive Officer - £50,000
- See Job Details for Essential / Desirable Skills
Chief Executive Officer
Full time – 37.5 hours per week
Salary: Circa £50,000
We are seeking to appoint an energetic forward looking CEO to lead our organisation and confidently navigate our charity into new areas of work, exercise a broad range of management and leadership skills and crucially to guide and balance growth in income and investment in additional resources.
Centre4 delivers a wide range of services including Ofsted registered early years nursery, health and wellbeing, advice and guidance, volunteering, social prescribing, employment, social enterprise, ethical employment agency, office and community group accommodation. As the Centre’s figurehead, you will be working in co-operation with the Board of Trustees and the Senior Leadership Team to deliver upon the revised strategic plan and maintain good relationships with our communities, tenants and partners. You will promote the virtues of Centre4 to our local and regional communities, businesses and key stakeholders; helping to build long-term strategic relationships to secure both operational and income security.
For an informal conversation with the Interim CEO, Mark Law please phone 01472 236688
Closing date: 9am Monday 24 October 2022
Interviews: 2nd / 7th November 2022
Centre4 is an equal opportunities employer
A unique and outstanding Community Hub
Centre4 was established in 1995 to support the ongoing regeneration of Grimsby and North East Lincolnshire
Our modern, Wootton Road Community Hub puts an array of activities and services at your fingertips, whether you are looking to squeeze in a workout at our Community Gym, reduce your weekly shopping bills at our Community Shop or get access to practical help and support for a variety of issues, then our team is here to help.
The Centre4 team is on hand to provide free and friendly support about benefits, debt and money management, housing, employment and much more. Many of our services stretch beyond our Centre and we can deliver services throughout North East Lincolnshire and surrounding areas.
Support and enable the communities of North East Lincolnshire and surrounding areas to thrive and live happier, lives.
We are a value led organisation and remain committed to being:
- Compassionate - We will care, show kindness, and a willingness to help others in all that we do.
- Honest - We will be honest, truthful, open and sincere to others, everyone we work with and for. We will do what we say we will do.
- Inclusive – We will admire, value our communities, our staff and volunteers challenging oppression valuing the diversity of our communities.
- Empowering – We will support others to achieve their aspirations and to be stronger. We will involve community members in all aspects of service planning.
Our revised 4 Pillars of our Strategic Plan 2023-2028 will include:
- Children, young people and families
- Health and Wellbeing including advice and guidance
- Community engagement, education and employability
- Financial sustainability including the development of our community assets and Centre4 Community Hub
We are seeking to appoint a CEO with the leadership skills, together with the passion and enthusiasm, to drive ambition and delivery through a clear vision, a sense of shared mission and a skilled and motivated team
To Provide Leadership with energy, compassion and emotional maturity for Centre4 and confidently navigate our charity into new areas of work, exercise a broad range of management and leadership skills and crucially to guide and balance growth in income and investment in additional resources.
Centre4’s Board of Trustees has governance oversight, and you must manage the interface between the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and the Trustees. A collaborative style coupled with a proactive operational can-do attitude are pre-requisites.
Centre4 delivers a wide range of services including Ofsted registered early years nursery, health and wellbeing, advice and guidance, volunteering, social prescribing, employment, social enterprise, ethical employment agency, office and community group accommodation. As the Centre’s figurehead, you will be working in co-operation with the SLT to deliver upon the revised strategic plan and maintain good relationships with our communities, tenants and partners. You will promote the virtues of Centre4 to our local and regional communities, businesses and key stakeholders; helping to build long-term strategic relationships to secure both operational and income security.
In partnership with the Board, provide leadership and management to develop and deliver the vision and overall strategy of Centre4
- Ensure that the strategic aims of our organisation are clear and reflect our vision, values and priorities and the needs of the communities we serve
- Liaise with and assist the Board in delivering agreed vision, values, ethos, and mission
- Lead SLT in the development and implementation of corporate policy, strategies and plans to deliver our ambitions
- Ensure SLT is supported to deliver against strategic priorities, budget, business plans, funders requirements and performance targets
- Develop and maintain key working relationships with statutory, private, voluntary and community organisations to maximise revenue generation opportunities, as well as improving services for all our customers and visitors
- Work with SLT, partners and key funders to ensure essential existing services are maintained and are sustainable
- Ensure that we remain fully engaged with the local community by ‘keeping people at the heart of everything we do’
- Be innovative, lead effective management of change and continuous improvement of our services and community offer
- Have overall responsibility for the operational management of our organisation ensuring that members of SLT are supported in their management of human resources, safeguarding, legal compliance, financial transparency and accountability whilst maintaining a positive working environment for staff and volunteers
- Be responsible overall for the delivery of our agreed strategic plan and sustainability, including income generation, budget approval and future planning including growth, diversification and partnership working
- Promote Centre4 and work with managers, staff and trustees to build an effective marketing and communication strategy
- Ensure effective management of risk within our organisation including Health and Safety, Quality and reputational management
Chief Executive Officer – Person Specification
- Successful senior management experience Including VCFS
- Experience and evidence of leading, managing and developing a team of managers and future leaders
- Experience and ability in building effective and influential relationships with key partners and stakeholders
- Experience of business development, fundraising, income generation and business planning
- Experience of budget management
- Experience of working with, supporting and reporting to a Trustee Board and an understanding of their role and governance
- Experience of one or more of Centre4’s service areas such as advice provision, social prescribing, early years, community development or managed workspace
- Ability to develop and manage effective relationships within and outside of the organisation
- A pragmatic approach and ability to find creative solutions to business challenges
- A strong social conscience linked to the vision and values of Centre4
- Resilience and the ability to thrive in a challenging and changing environment
- Energy and drive
- Honesty and integrity
- Leadership ability
EssentialGeneral & Special Knowledge
- A good understanding of charitable law, SORPS and other statutory requirement expected.
- Knowledge and understanding of Social Policy issues affecting the voluntary and community sector locally and nationally
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a broad range of people, both oral and written including appropriate use of social media
- Commercial acumen and solid financial management skills, with the ability to oversee the management financial health and sustainability of Centre4
- Good level of IT skills, being able to utilise all common use software packages and understand the future needs and the emerging digital strategy of the organisation
- Commit to and work within the aims, principles and policies of Centre4
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Ability to travel within the local area and beyond as required
A – Application I – Interview P – Presentation
Deadline: 26 October, 2022
Full TimeJob Type
1No of vacancies
Office Time: Monday to Friday